Skip to main content

WEEKLY MARKETING TIP

First, read Do You Have 16 Boxes at Seth Godin's site.

Second, if you are in your first year as a Professional Organizer review the action list you received at your training with me (Business Plan session). What on your action list is unfinished?

If your business has slowed due to the economy there isn't a lot you can do about that--unless you can now control the economy :) That isn't in my power so I'm not focusing there. However, you can focus on what you can finish on your action list. When the economy picks up, turn around, or whatever it will do to stimulate the general population to start spending their discretionary income again, you will be ready for new clients.

If you have been in business for more than a year, you most likely have a great list of contacts (leads, clients, and other interested people). Create a newsletter or blog if you haven't already. If you have created one of these marketing pieces, now is the time to send out more with lots of juicy tips and organizing secrets. Keep yourself present with your contacts. They may not call you today or tomorrow, but they will call you when they are "ready". How do you know when your client is ready? Read this fact sheet from the NSGCD.

Already doing all of that, now is the time to think about growing your business. Write an e-book, work on developing a product, or hone your speaking skills and venues.

Regardless of where you are in your career as a Professional Organizer, volunteer. Now is when people need your expertise more than ever. Volunteer at a school or a senior center. People will remember you and they will talk about you. And, we all know word of mouth is one of the best marketing tools available to us.

Don't think about shrinking...think about growing. Plant your seeds now so you will be ready to harvest when the economy does turn around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready to Monetize?

Last week I was a panelist for NAPO's Accelerated Learning Series teleclass on the subject of multiple revenue streams.  In case you missed the call, below are the questions the panelists were asked and my responses.  If you are thinking of adding a revenue stream to your professional organizing business and have questions, please post here.

What are your multiple streams of income?  I have four main categories of streams of income.

Client work including hands-on client sessions, coaching (I received my certificate of coach training with Denslow Brown and the Coach Approach to Organizers), Virtual Organizing (I received my certificate of virtual organizing training with Sheila Delson), subcontractors for large projects and when my calendar is full and Contained Home Consultant with The Container Store.Training Professional Organizers including, in-person training seminars, web-based education, downloadable business and client forms.Writing/authorship Author of Get Rich Organizing – …

I love what I do!

Today I’m preparing for the July 15-17 Layer 2 Seminar training and client practicum. I was reviewing the May participant’s remarks to capture improvements to the training curriculum and thought I would share their feedback:
Jenee - Anne and her 3 day seminar really are amazing! Her program was beyond what I expected, she goes the extra mile for every part of it. The only thing I would change is the distance that separates us (Florida-Oregon). Anne truly has so much to offer to this industry, I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn from the best! As I continue in this field I'm excited to have her as a mentor.
Elida - The training seminar, was rejuvenating! It exceeded my expectations and experience! Anne is extremely professional and of course organized!! I love when things just flow and stay on track, and the seminar did just that!
Marie - I found the Institute for ProfessionalOrganizers training to be invaluable in taking my business to the next level. Although I had already w…

NAPO Conference Sparks New Affiliate Program

At the NAPO 2013 Conference Expo I had the opportunity to talk with several NAPO Chapter Presidents and other chapter board members. After I explained the Institute for Professional Organizers™ (IPO™) training program they expressed it is of value particularly to those first entering the profession.  It was exciting to receive validation and support from so many in the Professional Organizer industry!

Whenever I attend conference I discover ways to expand and grow my business.  This year, my expansion will directly benefit you. I have created an IPO™ affiliate program for you to earn passive revenue. As a past IPO™ participant you will earn higher commissions. For those of you involved in a NAPO chapter this is an opportunity for your chapter to earn revenue too.


For each IPO™ Fast Track Method™ Training Self-Study Program sold through an affiliate channel, revenue is shared as follows: General Public/Organizations/NAPO Chapter affiliate earns 3% commissionIPO™ Trained affiliate ea…