Skip to main content

I love what I do!

Today I’m preparing for the July 15-17 Layer 2 Seminar training and client practicum. I was reviewing the May participant’s remarks to capture improvements to the training curriculum and thought I would share their feedback:

Jenee - Anne and her 3 day seminar really are amazing! Her program was beyond what I expected, she goes the extra mile for every part of it. The only thing I would change is the distance that separates us (Florida-Oregon). Anne truly has so much to offer to this industry, I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn from the best! As I continue in this field I'm excited to have her as a mentor.

Elida - The training seminar, was rejuvenating! It exceeded my expectations and experience! Anne is extremely professional and of course organized!! I love when things just flow and stay on track, and the seminar did just that!

Marie - I found the Institute for ProfessionalOrganizers training to be invaluable in taking my business to the next level. Although I had already worked with several clients on my own, the hands-on client practicum was an excellent experience. It gave me the opportunity to ask questions from an experienced organizer in the midst of working with the client. I really enjoyed the in-class review of our business plans, etc. I love that kind of small-group brainstorming and I get ideas when I hear others talk about their plans. Since I need to work on being more comfortable around presenting my business, having us stand up and present our plans using the video screen, would have been great practice. I would definitely recommend this training to others.

(l-r: Elida, Jenee, Marie, Debbie, Susan, Deanne)

Debbie - I couldn't be happier with my training with the Institute for Professional Organizers. Each layer is very thorough. The information provided on business basics and needs assessment is priceless. It has given me the needed knowledge to start my business and serve the client in a sensitive, educated way. I highly recommend this training.

Deanne - The experience that was generated in terms of exposure to a random work environment with little to no information on the client with a team of people you know little to nothing about was a uniquely valuable training exercise. It's an opportunity to "think on the fly" without carrying the full burden of responsibility for the project as you implement the concept of team work. It's an opportunity to be exposed to varying methods of approach and thinking that will either force you to think outside the box to learn a new way of approaching a problem or it will confirm the practices you already implement when working with a client and be that silent confidence boost we all need as we grow our services and professionalism.

Susan - There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to have Anne Blumer of the Institute for Professional Organizers as my professional organizing mentor.  Anne's achievements and expertise, and her willingness to share is invaluable.  Anne has an incredible talent for inspiring others.  My deepest thanks!

I learn so much from each seminar and every participant.  I can't wait for the next seminar. I love what I do!

Comments

Wow! Its really very informative article. Thanks for sharing nice article to us. AMC Square Learning Chennai Reviews | AMC Square Learning Chennai | AMC Square Learning

Popular posts from this blog

5 Critical Mistakes to Avoid Working with Clients

Mistake #1 – ORGANIZING FOR YOURSELF AND NOT YOUR CLIENT You love to organize and you even have fun organizing your friends or family members. What about organizing a complete stranger’s kitchen or garage? Will you be able to really listen and seek to understand what ‘organized’ looks and feels like for each client. There are a variety of personality types, barriers to organizing, and mental health issues to navigate and understand to successfully organize others. Working with clients who are chronically disorganized, who have ADHD, or who hoard requires specialized training and experience. Layer 1 training will introduce you to challenging clients and resources for obtaining training and skills to work with them. You will also learn how to organize every space in a home including the typical habits that cause disorganization, how to create organized zones, product solutions to aid organization, new habits to maintain organization, and the estimated time to organize. PLUS thr

Grow Your Business - Writing

Never in my wildest dreams did I dream of being a published author, because I didn’t think I had the skills to write a book. This is why I did write a book . From 2009 to 2011 professional organizers in the United States were in make-or-break years. In 2008 and 2009, the United States labor market lost 8.4 million jobs. People were cutting out all discretionary expenses, and that included professional organizing services. My phone was not ringing, and people were not signing up for my webinars, online training, or live seminars. Many professional organizers left the industry because they were experiencing the same and needed to find employment to pay their bills. Or, if they did not provide the primary source of income for their family and that person lost his or her job, they now needed to find a way to have a steady income. Interestingly though, many people who lost their jobs and couldn’t find employment wanted to start their own business. They had time on their hands and

Professional Organizers are Starting Their Career Younger!

Blessing McKenzie I had the fantastic opportunity to have Blessing McKenzie, a high school Junior, job shadow me yesterday.     Blessing is considering a career as a professional organizer!     I think that speaks volumes to where our industry is headed.     She also interviewed me for her school project and agreed to let me blog about her questions and my answers. What are some of the biggest challenges that you face for this job? If you are a business owner, I would say the biggest challenge you face is finding clients, or rather clients finding you.  That’s the simple answer.  The fact is, the biggest problem is having the education and experience to work with chronically disorganized (CD) clients. What is one thing that surprised you about this career? What surprised me about this career was discovering people are chronically disorganized rather than situationally disorganized.  When I first started my career, I thought I would be organizing people’s things in a more or