With the change to daylight savings time, I have heard from many clients they are having a difficult time getting out of bed in the morning. As a result, they are rushing to get out the door on time. Are you looking to save time in the morning, so you can steal a few more winks or get to work on time? If you are, then do as much as you can the night before, which should be easier since it is staying lighter later.
Here are my top 5 tips to streamline your morning routine:
- Look at the weather report and plan what to wear head to toe and set it out, so you don't have to think about what to wear in the morning. Use a valet rod to hang your outfit.
- Get a coffee maker with a timer, each evening get it ready and set the timer.
- Place your work bag, keys, phone, and anything else you need to take with you for the day by the door to grab and go. Establish a launching and landing pad for these items.
- If you have trouble staying focused on a routine, try setting alarms on your phone for each task you need to do to get out the door on time. Use a visual timer if you need additional focus.
- Review your calendar and set your intention for the three most important things you must complete tomorrow. Write them down in your planner, on your calendar, or simply on a post-it note.